People come to Instagram to be inspired and discover things they care about, and that includes content from brands and businesses.
- 25 Million+business profiles worldwide
- 2 Million + advertisers worldwide use Instagram to share their stories and drive business result
- 60% of people say they discover new products on Instagram
- 200 Million + Instagrammers visit at least one Business Profile daily
- 80% Increase in time spent watching video on Instagram
- ⅓ of the most viewed stories are from businesses
Now You Can Follow Hashtags on Instagram
Instagram has introduced the ability to follow hashtags, giving you new ways to discover photos, videos and people on Instagram. Now it’s even easier to stay connected with the interests, hobbies, passions and communities you care about.
To follow a hashtag:
- Tap any hashtag (example: #flower) you see on Instagram.
- Tap Follow. Once you follow a hashtag, you’ll see its photos and videos appear in places like stories, feed and in the Following section of your profile.
Instagram Stories on Desktop
You can now see stories of people you follow using the Instagram app or on your desktop. If someone has shared a story you haven’t seen yet, you’ll see a colourful ring around their profile picture.
From Your Desktop:
Stories appear at the top of Feed on your desktop and to the right of Feed. Tap or click on any story to view it, or use the arrows to get to the next screen or story. Select” x” in the top right to exit someone’s story and return to Feed.Instagram Stories Has More Than 250 Million Active Daily Users (Sprout social, 2017) Click To Tweet
Over the past year, Instagram Stories has become a key part of how you express yourself — but there hasn’t been an easy way to keep your stories around for more than 24 hours. Now you can more fully express your identity by grouping stories you’ve shared into highlights and featuring them on your profile.
You can add stories to appear on your profile as highlights, even after they disappear. Highlights appear below your profile photo.
To add a story to a highlight:
- Go to your profile and tap below Stories Highlights.
- Tap to select the story or stories you want to add to highlights, then tap Next.
- Choose a cover photo and enter a story name for your highlight, then tap Add. You can add more photos or videos to your highlight at any time by tapping Edit Highlight.
- Note: Stories you add as highlights remain visible as highlights (and saved in Stories Archive) until you remove them, even after the original story has disappeared. Keep in mind that those you’ve allowed to see your story can also see your highlights. Learn more about privacy settings for stories.
Moving forward, your stories will automatically save to your archive when they expire. This makes it easy for you to revisit your favourite moments later on or bring them back to life in a highlight.
Stories you create and share on Instagram are automatically saved in your Stories Archive, so there’s no need to save them to your phone. You can turn off Stories Archive at any time in Settings.
To turn Stories Archive on or off:
- Go to your profile and tap (iPhone) or (Android) in the top right.
- Tap Story Settings.
- Next to Save to Archive, tap .
- Note: Only you can see the stories saved in your archive after they disappear from your story. Keep in mind that if you delete a photo or video from your story before it disappears, it will not be saved to your archive.
That’s it. Have fun creating your Insta Story Highlights, following hashtags and more! Leave a comment below if you have any questions.
Make sure you don’t miss important updates from Get Social with Rosie. Sign up for updates!
Need help with marketing? Get Social with Rosie is an agency that provides a full suite of graphic design and social media marketing services designed to help brands stand out, grow, and get more customers in the door! Contact me to learn more.
Let’s Get Social! Connect with “Get Social with Rosie” on: