The holidays might be over, but January brings a new year and plenty to post and discuss with your social media audience.
To help you get started on filling out January’s content calendar, I am sharing my January social media challenge to help you tap into the latest, most tweet-worthy events.Do you struggle with coming up with engaging social media posts? Read today's article to help you plan for January. Click To Tweet
Be sure to use the hashtag #gsrchallenge so that we can find and follow you!
Download January Social Media Calendar
- With the New Year comes time for resolutions. Ask your fans and followers what their resolutions are and how they are keeping up with them.
- Unique use of your product and/or service
- Inspiring quotes– people love to be inspired and share motivational images.
- What are you looking forward to in 2018?
- Industry news
- This or That Games: Get to know your market. Do they use a Mac or PC? Prefer winter or summer? Use Twitter or Facebook more often?
- Golden Globe Awards
- Product and/or service update
- Ask fans and followers to join your mailing list.
- Desk Shares: Snap a picture of your desk – or a team member’s, with their permission – after a busy day. Again, people should relate to the items they see.
- Cross promote Your Other Social Profiles: Link to your brand’s other social profiles occasionally. If followers engage with you on one platform, they’re likely to do so on another.
- Fill-in-the-Blank Posts: Hop on your favourite social platform and get followers to fill in a blank. For example, I use Twitter every day to ______.
- Share someone else’s content.
- Correct a common misconception that relates to your industry.
- #BlueMonday – The third Monday of January has been awarded the gloomy title due to a combination of post-Christmas blues, cold dark nights and the arrival of unpaid credit card bills.
- #TipTuesday – Write a how-to guide to help your audience, tips for saving money, getting organized, or places to see on vacation.
- Customer testimonials– Take a great customer testimonial and create a branded postcard. You could even run a contest and recognize the customers who give you amazing testimonials.
- Get to know your customer day
- National Popcorn Day
- Twitter Chats: Run or participate in a Twitter chat. It’ll help show off your knowledge and build relationships with social leaders in your sector.
- National Hug Day
- Share your latest e-newsletter.
- Book Recommendations: Find a book to recommend that can help others perform better at work or understand a new topic.
- Shout out to a local biz
- Two Facts and a Lie Games: Test your audience’s knowledge. Tell two facts and a lie about your brand or industry, asking followers to spot the fib. It can involve a prize.
- Create a poll: Get your followers thinking by posting a poll related to an industry or company issue. Doing so also shows you value their opinions.
- Caption This Photo: Post a funny or unique image, asking users to come up with a creative caption.
- Grammy Awards
- Behind the scenes– Show your audience a glimpse at a recent product launch or a never before seen (appropriate) pic of your co-workers at a work function
- Be thankful– thank customers, fans, and employees.
- Playlists: Share your favourite work time playlist. Some people are more productive with music in the background.
Whatever content you end up creating for January, make sure it’s relevant to what people care about and what’s trending.
You can see trending topics by using the “news” section of Google, review the “Trending” section of Facebook (right-hand column), or using Google Trends.
It’s a good best practice to check these resources on a weekly basis to see if you can implement trends in your marketing efforts. Don’t forget the relevant hashtags!
What content ideas will you be using this month to create engaging posts for your audience? Let me know in the comments box below.
Make sure you don’t miss important updates from Get Social with Rosie. Sign up for updates!
Need help with marketing? Get Social with Rosie is an agency that provides a full suite of graphic design and social media marketing services designed to help brands stand out, grow, and get more customers in the door! Contact me to learn more.
Let’s Get Social! Connect with “Get Social with Rosie” on: